Oracle 19c-Automatically Deleting Flashback Logs
- Oracle Database Release 19c New Features.
- The COMPATIBLE initialization parameter must be set to 19.0.0 or higher for flashback logs to be automatically deleted.
- Fast recovery area management and database health are improved by automatically deleting flashback logs that are beyond the retention period.
- The fast recovery area is critical for databases because it stores backups, online redo logs, archived redo logs, and flashback logs.
- Because many databases can all use the fast recovery area, multiple databases are impacted when the fast recovery area becomes full.
- This feature makes flashback space usage become predictable from a storage management perspective, since flashback uses no more space than is required by retention.
- It also allows you to control cumulative space pressure by adjusting the flashback retention.
Note:You cannot back up flashback logs. Thus, the BACKUP RECOVERY AREA operation does not include the flashback logs when backing up the fast recovery area contents to tape.
Connect to Me:-Hariprasath Rajaram
Telegram App: https://t.me/oracledbwr
LinkedIN Page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/orcldbwr/
FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/oracledbwr/
FB Page : https://www.facebook.com/dbahariprasath/
Twitter : https://twitter.com/hariprasathdba