Oracle 18c-Cloning a PDB Database Using DBCA
- In this article we are going to see Oracle 18c-DBCA PDB Clone.
- Oracle 18c New Feature cloning a PDB Database using DBCA
- This example clones a PDB using the silent mode of DBCA. Hot cloning is supported.
Cloning a Local PDB Using DBCA
- The source CDB is a single-instance database with the SID TESTDB.
- The source PDB is pdb2. You intend for pdb2 to remain open during the cloning operation, which means that local undo and ARCHIVELOG mode are enabled in the CDB. Otherwise, DBCA closes the PDB during the clone operation, and after receiving confirmation, opens the source PDB in read-only mode.
- The new PDB is pdb3.
- You are running DBCA in noninteractive mode.
Let’s start the Demo:-
Step1:-Check the PDB in TestDB
Step2:-Cloning a PDB Database Using DBCA
[oracle@testdb dbhome_1]$ cd $ORACLE_HOME/bin [oracle@testdb bin]$ ./dbca -silent -createpluggabledatabase -sourcedb testdb -createpdbfrom PDB -pdbName pdb3 -sourcepdb pdb2 Prepare for db operation 13% complete Creating Pluggable Database 15% complete 19% complete 23% complete 31% complete 53% complete Completing Pluggable Database Creation 60% complete Executing Post Configuration Actions 100% complete Pluggable database "pdb3" plugged successfully.
Successfully completed the Cloning a PDB Database Using DBCA
Catch Me On:- Hariprasath Rajaram
FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/dbahariprasath/?