In this article we are going to see Oracle Flashback Data Archiver Process (FBDA) Background Process.
- Flashback Data Archiver Process (FBDA) is a background process that provides the ability to track and store transactional changes to a table over its lifetime. This way, you can flashback tables back in time to restore the way they were.
- Each information written in the undo tablespace is also written in the FDA by the FBDA background process.
- FBDA can run as a thread or as an operating system process.
- FBDA is also responsible for automatically managing the flashback data archive for space, organization (partitioning tablespaces), and retention. FBDA also keeps track of how far the archiving of tracked transactions has progressed.
Flashback Data Archiver Process is useful for:-
- Keeping historical data for long term
- Tracking old data and current data
- Recovering data after a bad DML
Connect with me:-
FB Page : https://www.facebook.com/dbahariprasath/?
Twitter : https://twitter.com/oracledbwr