In this article we are going to see Oracle Manageability Monitor Process (MMON) Background Process.
- Performs many tasks related to manageability, including taking Automatic Workload Repository snapshots and performing Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor analysis
- Manageability Monitor Process (MMON) and Manageability Monitor Lite Process (MMNL) are background processes that perform tasks related to the Automatic Workload Repository (AWR). The AWR is a repository of historical performance data that includes cumulative statistics for the system, sessions, individual SQL statements, segments, and services. It is used for problem detection and self-tuning purposes.
- The manageability monitor process supports the Automatic Workload Repository (AWR) by capturing statistics, monitoring thresholds, and taking snapshots.
- MMON also performs Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor (ADDM) analysis. If one of the metrics exceed a given threshold value, MMON issues an alert.
- The Manageability Monitor process collects memory statistics from the SGA periodically stores them as snapshots in the Automatic Workload Repository (AWR).The default periode is 60 minutes. This duration can be changed.
- It also performs Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor (ADDM) analysis and issues alerts for metrics that exceed their threshold values.
- MMON is also responsible for issuing alerts for metrics that exceed their thresholds.
Connect with me:-
FB Page : https://www.facebook.com/dbahariprasath/?
Twitter : https://twitter.com/oracledbwr