In this article we are going to see Oracle Process Manager (PMAN) Background Process.
- Process Manager Process (PMAN) is a background process that monitors, spawns, and stops the following as needed
- PMAN monitors, spawns, and stops the following types of processes
- Restartable background processes
- Dispatcher and shared server processes
- Job queue processes
- Connection broker and pooled server processes for database resident connection pools
- PMAN is not only used in instances but also in ASM and ASM Proxy instances.
- PMAN runs as an operating system process, and not as a thread. In addition to database instances, PMAN also runs on Oracle Automatic Storage Management (ASM) instances and Oracle ASM Proxy instances.
- PMAN monitors, spawns, and stops Dispatcher and shared server processes, Connection broker and pooled server processes for database resident connection pools, Job queue processes and restartable background processes.
Connect with me:-
FB Page : https://www.facebook.com/dbahariprasath/?
Twitter : https://twitter.com/oracledbwr