In this Article we are going to see the concepts of Devops and usage
In this DevOps stage the development of software takes place constantly. In this phase, the entire development process is separated into small development cycles. This benefits DevOps team to speed up software development and delivery process.
QA team use tools like Selenium to identify and fix bugs in the new piece of code.
In this stage, new functionality is integrated with the prevailing code, and testing takes place. Continuous development is only possible due to continuous integration and testing.
In this phase, the deployment process takes place continuously. It is performed in such a manner that any changes made any time in the code, should not affect the functioning of high traffic website.
In this phase, operation team will take care of the inappropriate system behavior or bugs which are found in production.
Devops is the union of people , process and products to enable continuous delivery of value to end users.
Regular, Rapid , Reliable and controlled Delivery of working software systems into working
A combination of configuration management , Release management and operations.
It’s a culture or philosophy rather than a technology.
Automation is a key for Success.
Devops integrates developers and operations teams in order to improve collaboration and productivity by automating infrastructure , automating workflows and continuously measuring application performance.
Benefits of Devops:
- Faster time to market
- More focus on improving the business
- Innovate faster
- More responsive to business needs
- Better collaboration
- Better quality
- More frequent releases
What is the future of DevOps?
They are lots of Change likely to happens in the DevOps world some most prominent are:
- Organizations are shifting in their needs to weeks and months instead of years.
- We will see soon that DevOps engineers have more access and control of the end user than any other person in the enterprise.
- DevOps is becoming a valued skill for IT people. For example, a survey conducted by Linux hiring found that 25% of respondent’s job seeker is DevOps expertise.
- DevOps and continuous delivery are here to stay. Therefore companies need to change as they have no choice but to evolve. However, the mainstreaming the notion of DevOps will take 5 to 10 years.
Required Skills to Learn Devops ?
- Basic knowledge on Linux
- Virtualization Basics
- Networking Basics
- Infrastructure Knowledge
- Cloud Basics
- Collaboration Techniques
- Understanding of modern Software Engineering
- Command line interface
- Scripting / Programming Language
- Devops tools
- Integration Skills
- Soft Skills
Monitoring in Devops ?
- See the impact of your development
- See when something is urgently broken
- Diagnose the cause of problems
- Plan for the future
Exposure to various Trending Tools and Technologies ?
Devops involves various stages and for each stage there are multiple tools available.
Here, are six principles which are essential when adopting DevOps:
1. Customer-Centric Action: DevOps team must take customer-centric action for that they should constantly invest in products and services.
2. End-To-End Responsibility: The DevOps team need to provide performance support until they become end-of-life. This enhances the level of responsibility and the quality of the products engineered.
3. Continuous Improvement: DevOps culture focuses on continuous improvement to minimize waste. It continuously speeds up the improvement of product or services offered.
4. Automate everything: Automation is a vital principle of DevOps process. This is not only for the software development but also for the entire infrastructure landscape.
5. Work as one team: In the DevOps culture role of the designer, developer, and tester are already defined. All they needed to do is work as one team with complete collaboration.
6. Monitor and test everything: It is very important for DevOps team to have a robust monitoring and testing procedures.
Is Devops a good career?
DevOps is more than what your resume can effectively communicate, namely the so-called soft skills. … A DevOps career requires learning to be a skilled communicator, perhaps most especially becoming a skilled listener. If not, then DevOps remains a good career, but it might not be a good career for you.
What is Jenkins in Devops ?
Simply put, Jenkins has become the open source standard for managing the dev side of devops, from source code management to delivering code to production. …Jenkins is a continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) solution.
What is Puppet in Devops ?
Website. puppet.com. In computing, Puppet is an open-source software configuration management tool. It runs on many Unix-like systems as well as on Microsoft Windows, and includes its own declarative language to describe system configuration. Puppet is produced by Puppet, founded by Luke Kanies in 2005.
What is docker in DevOps?
What is Kubernetes in DevOps?
- DevOps is a culture which promotes collaboration between Development and Operations Team to deploy code to production faster in an automated & repeatable way
- Before DevOps operation and Development team working in completed isolation.
- Manual code deployment leads to human errors in production
- In the Old process, Operations team has no clue on the progress of the Development team. So, operations team developed a IT infrastructure purchase and monitoring plan as per their understanding.
- In the DevOps process operation team fully aware of the progress of developer. The purchase and monitoring planning is accurate.
- DevOps offers Maintainability, Predictability, Greater quality cost efficiency and time to market.
- Agile process focuses on functional and non-functional readiness while DevOps focuses on that IT infrastructure aspects.
- DevOps life cycle includes Development, Testing, Integration, Deployment, and Monitoring.
- DevOps engineer will work with development team staff to tackle the coding and scripting needs.
- DevOps engineer should have the soft skill of a problem-solver and be a quick-learner
- DevOps Certifications are available from Amazon web services, Red Hat, Microsoft Academy, DevOps Institute
- DevOps helps organizations in shifting their code deployment cycles to weeks and months instead of years.
Catch Me On:- Hariprasath Rajaram Telegram:https://t.me/joinchat/I_f4DkeGfZsxfzXxHD6gTg LinkedIn:https://www.linkedin.com/in/hari-prasath-aa65bb19/ Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/HariPrasathdba FB Group:https://www.facebook.com/groups/894402327369506/ FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/dbahariprasath/? Twitter: https://twitter.com/hariprasathdba