- Autonomous Transaction Processing is a self-driving database, meaning it eliminates the human labor needed to provision, secure, update, monitor, backup, and troubleshoot a database.
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure’s Autonomous Transaction Processing Cloud Service is a fully managed, preconfigured database environment. You do not need to configure or manage any hardware, or install any software. After provisioning, you can scale the number of CPU cores or the storage capacity of the database at any time without impacting availability or performance. Autonomous Transaction Processing handles creating the database, as well as the following maintenance tasks:
Backing up the database
Patching the database
Upgrading the database
Tuning the database of Oracle Autonomous Transaction Processing
- This reduction in database maintenance tasks reduces costs and frees scarce administrator resources to work on higher-value tasks. Oracle Autonomous Transaction Processing supports mixed workloads for data warehousing and transaction processing.
- The newly introduced Oracle Autonomous Transaction Processing Cloud automates the entire data management life cycle.
Leverages machine learning to automate database and infrastructure management, monitoring, and tuning
Protects from both external attacks and malicious internal users.
Isolates operational users from application data and ensures up to
date security patching via software update automation
Protects from all downtime including planned maintenance and
online application schema updates
- Oracle guarantees 99.995 percent availability—that’s less than 2.5 minutes of downtime per month, including patching. Autonomous management lowers administration costs, so you can focus on higher value projects.
- Same Experience us Autonomous Transaction Processing uses the same Oracle Database software and technology that runs your existing on-premises database applications, making it compatible with all your existing tools and skill sets.
Key Features of Autonomous Transaction Processing
Managed: Oracle simplifies end-to-end management of the database:
Provisioning new databases
Growing or shrinking storage and compute resources
Patching and upgrades
Backup and recovery
Fully elastic scaling:
Scale compute and storage independently to fit your database workload with no downtime:
Size the Autonomous Transaction Processing to the exact compute and storage required
Scale the Autonomous Transaction Processing on demand: Independently scale compute or storage
Shut off idle compute to save money
Autonomous Transaction Processing supports:
Existing applications, running in the cloud or on-premises
Connectivity via SQL*Net, JDBC, ODBC
Third-party data-integration tools
Oracle cloud services: Analytics Cloud Service, Golden Gate Cloud Service, Integration Cloud Service, and others
Simple Cloud-based Data Loading
Autonomous Transaction Processing provides:
Fast, scalable data-loading from Oracle Object Store, Azure Blob Storage, AWS S3, or on-premises data sources.
Connect to Your Autonomous Transaction Processing
As a database application developer, business user, or DBA, Autonomous Transaction Processing lets you use all your existing design, data integration, analysis, and reporting tools.
Build new applications using use any of the supported client drivers including JDBC, .NET, Python, Node.js, PHP, C/C++, and more.
Connect rapid application development tools like APEX* and other standard
reporting tools through JDBC or SQL*Net.
SQL Developer provides a full database development environment:
SQL Worksheet, data loading wizards, data modeling, and more tailored to the optimized features of Autonomous Transaction Processing.
Create tables, indexes, and materialized views in Autonomous Transaction Processing
Load data into Autonomous Transaction Processing
Copy tables to Autonomous Transaction Processing
Transfer a schema to Autonomous Transaction Processing
Catch Me On:- Hariprasath Rajaram Telegram:https://t.me/joinchat/I_f4DkeGfZuxgMIoJSpQZg LinkedIn:https://www.linkedin.com/in/hari-prasath-aa65bb19/ Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/HariPrasathdba FB Group:https://www.facebook.com/groups/894402327369506/ FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/dbahariprasath/? Twitter: https://twitter.com/hariprasathdba